by Irvin Muchnick
* Production is expected soon – likely early next week, according to both departments – of public records on George Gibney, from in or around 2000, by police departments in the Denver suburbs of Wheat Ridge and Arvada.
* I spoke today on the phone with Dave Pickett, commander of the investigations bureau at the Wheat Ridge police. Pickett said he would contact the now-retired detective who worked on the matter more than 14 years ago, and find out if she is willing to talk to us.
* Regarding the threshold question of whether the North Jeffco Swim Team informed USA Swimming of the circumstances when they jettisoned Gibney, Commander Pickett said he did not know and that question should be posed directly to North Jeffco. (Of course, it has been, by Concussion Inc., though so far to no definitive conclusion. Readers with information on this point, or anything, are invited to contact us discreetly at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
* As appropriate, I will share more of the behind-the-scenes drama in my Freedom of Information Act request to the Department of Homeland Security for Gibney’s visa and green card files. Officially, as this article was being posted, our request sat at No. 126 on the “complex track” of requests at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
* Major media coverage is imminent … we hope.
THE SERIES SO FAR: