It’s been almost a week since The Daily Beast published a howler of an interview with Linda McMahon, in which writer Lloyd Grove dutifully transcribed the Senate candidate’s Version 2.0 of how she and her husband Vince came to be bankrupt in the 1970s.
If ever there was a story crying out for aggressive follow-up by newspapers in Connecticut, this is one. Even though the 1976 bankruptcy filing itself might be untraceably buried, there are plenty of bankers and other defaulted creditors (to the reported tune of around a million bucks) who must still be around and can debunk McMahon’s ridiculous fusion of her family’s corporate manipulations with her irrelevant and diversionary tear-jerker tale of being barefoot and pregnant in Gaithersburg, Maryland, in 1970.
Here’s your reading list for today:
* “Has Linda McMahon Been Bankrupt TWICE? Or Is She Lying About the Circumstances?”, http://wrestlingbabylon.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/has-linda-mcmahon-been-bankrupt-twice-or-is-she-lying-about-the-circumstances/
* “My Exchange About Linda McMahon on Twitter With Lloyd Grove of The Daily Beast,” http://wrestlingbabylon.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/my-exchange-about-linda-mcmahon-on-twitter-with-lloyd-grove-of-the-daily-beast/
* “More on Linda McMahon and the ‘1970s’ Bankruptcy (Bankruptcies?),” http://wrestlingbabylon.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/more-on-linda-mcmahon-and-the-1970s-bankruptcy-bankruptcies/
* “Still More Grist for the Linda McMahon Bankruptcy Mill,” http://wrestlingbabylon.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/still-more-grist-for-the-linda-mcmahon-bankruptcy-mill/
* “Wow, That Lloyd Grove of The Daily Beast Sure Types Fast!”, http://wrestlingbabylon.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/wow-that-lloyd-grove-of-the-daily-beast-sure-types-fast/